Thursday, February 18, 2010

THERE BETTER NOT BE A ZERO IN YOUR NUMBER


Found: Can't Remember When/Where

When my husband and I first got together we did some shit that our friends and family members thought was totally weird. Among these "weird" behaviors was our desire to own an extensive rotary phone collection. The weirdness didn't stop there however. We also wanted (more like NEEDED) to have them all hooked-up so that when the phone rang, it would send a BLARING SIREN of rotary bells throughout the living room of our large apartment above a grocery store.

Needless to say, it became annoying. We unhooked them and left them on display for several months, however. It was a fun installation and I wish I had pictures of it.

I found this phone over a year ago. I bought it first to sell, then to keep, and now it's up for sale again. I have to part with it. I think I have held onto it for so long because it reminds me of those early days with my better half. I also love it because of the color. Turquoise makes me swoon.

Listed AS-IS in my Etsy Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment